The resin bound stone creates a long-lasting, even, anti-slip, permeable surface. It is achieved by carefully coating each stone with clear resin. Each stone can have a different shape and colour and covering them with resin not only keeps them together, but also protects them.
The aggregate – stone – is mixed on site, it’s a cold mixture which then is applied on a base. Base has to be sturdy, like concrete, asphalt, old paving slabs, even stone.
Depth of a resin bound depends on the requirements, on average it is 12-20mm, applied by hand for precision and quality finish.
Why use resin bound?
- Low maintenance.
- Permeable, reducing the risk of unwanted puddles and localised flooding.
- Waterproof, for added durability.
- Non slip surface.
- The surface is smooth, reducing the risk of tripping and it makes it pushchair and wheelchair friendly.
- UV resistant, so the colour lasts longer than on composition created with exposed stone.
- No weeds can go through, so you do not have to worry about it becoming untidy.
Areas We Cover
● Tyne and Wear
Glasgow: 01413 197 991
Dumfries: 01387 808 607
Carlisle: 01228 809708
Aberdeen: 01224 543 143
Edinburgh: 0131 516 4884
Manchester: 0161 820 7595
Head Office: 0845 626 2598
Mobile: 07587 347 111